We have finally come up with what we consider a realistic advertising program for the Los Gatos Art Bridge blog. It’s simple, easy to navigate and provides the advertiser with an attractive and well-organized medium in which to present his message. As well, while allowing the advertiser to promote just about anything they want, it does not clutter up the main blog presentation with distracting and disruptive advertisements.
The Advertiser will be allowed to change the copy (the text) of the ad (both on the Businesses Page and on the Jump Page) up to four times during each calendar month for the price of $50 per month.
The program has three basic elements; a “floating link” on the main blog page, a “Businesses Page” and a “jump page.”
The floating link (we are calling it “the Bug”) will consist of a small “Businesses” icon that will be visible in the side bar of the blog post. As the reader scrolls down the blog, the Bug will remain stationary on the screen even as the text and images of the post move underneath it. When the reader clicks on the Bug they will be taken to the Businesses Page
The Businesses Page will have the same header as the Blog’s main page but no sidebar. It will consist of three columns of advertiser listings. Each listing will contain the logo or preferred image of the advertiser and an amount of text copy that will extend below the logo no more than three lines. The logo will be located in the top left corner of the listing and shall be no larger than X by X pixels. At the bottom of each listing will be a link to the Jump Page which contains further text copy and any images that are required.
Use this link for the sample Businesses Page: http://lgartbridge.com/experimental ad index.html
The Jump Page will have the same head and sidebar as the Blog’s main page. We will provide a standardized “contact us” format (see samples) for the text area if desired. The advertiser can submit just about any text for the text area which is legal, not in bad taste or totally stupid. Images can be placed in the text area but only with our permission and, depending on complexity, potential additional charges.
Additonally, each advertiser will get a panel on the rotating slider at the top of the blog’s sidebar.
(use links on the Sample Businesses Page –click here – to view Sample Jump Pages)
The Advertiser will be allowed four changes to the copy each calendar month.
New copy must be submitted to us one week prior to the publishing date.
Submitted copy must be approved by us by publish date.
As we have developed this program, we feel that the unique nature of the Los Gatos environment would eventually be best served by having three specialized Businesses Pages;
one for retail shops and restaurants
one for the many local wineries
and a third for institutional types of businesses, such as attorney’s offices, real estate and financial institutions.
Our blog provider, WordPress, provides us with some basic statistics about the number of views, commonly referred to as “hits,” on each of our pages on a daily basis. We can provide more detail about these statistics if you contact us.
A sample of the statistics screen with some annotations
Our Advertising Contract:
THIS AGREEMENT, effective, ____________________, 20____, is between Los Gatos Art Bridge (hereafter LGAB, with its mailing address at Post Office Box 1992, Los Gatos, CA 95031)
and ______________________________________________________________ (“Advertiser”).
Advertiser Name: ____________________________________________________________
Principal Contact Person: ________________________________
Phone: (….. ) ___________
Email Address: _________________________
Advertiser web site address: ________________________________
Local Advertising Costs: Fifty dollars ($50.00) per each calendar month. At this price, Advertiser will get one (1) listing, which will appear on the LGAB “Businesses Page” and related “Jump Page.” Content of this insertion can be changed up to four times during any calendar month with the caveat that requested changes must first be approved by LGAB. Approved changes will be published to the web within seven (7) days of submission to LGAB.
Term: This agreement shall to be in effect for a term of ___________ months,
starting on ___________ and ending on _____________.
This agreement is subject to the terms and conditions on the following page, which are incorporated herein by reference.
LGAB and Advertiser hereby agree to the terms as set forth above.
LOS GATOS ART BRIDGE ADVERTISER
By:_________________________ . . . By:___________________________
For Los Gatos Art Bridge. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .___________________________
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Print Name and Title
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) ADVERTISEMENT – means a) the required the graphic file (i.e., logo file) as requested by LGAB and supplied by the Advertiser and b) the approved copy which will accompany the graphic file. Advertisements shall be submitted in a specific graphic file format as requested by LGAB (e.g., .doc, jpg, .png).
2) ADVERTISER – means the individual or entity listed on the front page of this agreement.
3) ADVERTISING RATE – LGAB will govern the rate indicated on the contract.
4) ADVERTISING SPACE – means the space designated by LGAB as the location on the LGAB website for Advertisements to appear.
5) BUSINESSES PAGE – means the LGAB Blog site page titled “Businesses Page” where the Advertiser’s Advertisement will partially appear, meaning Advertiser’s logo and that portion of the approved copy which fills up Advertiser’s allotted column width and depth before the Jump Page link.
6) JUMP PAGE – means the LGAB Blog site page titled “Jump Page” where the Advertiser’s Advertisement will appear in full.
7) RIGHT TO REFUSE UNACCEPTABLE ADVERTISING – LGAB reserves the right to refuse any advertisement it deems inappropriate or that does not conform to its graphic specifications. LGAB will not accept any website links or Advertisements that lead to or include pornography, violence or hate (this is not an exhaustive list). All graphics must be within the file size and dimension restrictions established by LGAB and communicated to Advertiser. LGAB may request changes to any Advertisement it deems unacceptable, improperly formatted or otherwise unusable as an Advertisement on the LGAB. Such a request does not constitute a termination of this agreement and will not affect the enforceability of any of its provisions.
8) START DATE – means the first date the Advertisement appears on the LGAB website, which will be seven (7) after submission to LGAB assuming the Advertisement is approved.
9) TERM GUARANTEE – LGAB guarantees that the Advertising Space specified in this agreement will be available for the length of time (start date to end date as noted on the first page of this agreement) agreed to between LGAB and Advertiser as stated in this agreement.
10) STATISTICS — LGAB makes no guarantee regarding the absolute accuracy of any of its published or unpublished statistics. LGAB shall not be held liable for any claims as they relate to any statistics, usage, or otherwise. LGAB shall not be required to provide Advertisers with usage or any similar click or hit statistics
11) The Advertiser agrees to pay LGAB any and all fees or costs stated in this agreement. Payment for Advertisements must be received by LGAB before approval is given and any Advertisement is published.
12) TRUTH IN ADVERTISING/INDEMNIFICATION — Advertiser is solely responsible for any legal liability arising out of or relating to (1) the Advertisement, and/or (2) any material to which users can link to through its Advertisement. Advertiser warrants that the Advertisement and link supplied comply with LGAB advertising standards, if applicable; that it holds the necessary rights to the Advertisement and link, if applicable, and that the use, reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the Advertisement will not violate any criminal laws or any rights of any third parties, including, but not limited to, such violations as infringement or misappropriation of any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, music, image, or other proprietary or property right, false advertising, unfair competition, defamation, invasion of privacy or rights of celebrity, violation of any anti-discrimination law or regulation, or any other right of any person or entity. Advertiser agrees to defend (at Advertiser’s sole cost and expense), indemnify and hold LGAB and its assigns harmless from and against any and all liability, loss,damages, claims, or causes of action, including attorney’s fees, costs of defense and expenses that may be incurred by LGAB, arising out of or related to Advertiser’s breach of any of the foregoing representations and warranties.
13) LIMITATION ON DAMAGES — In no event shall LGAB be liable to Advertiser for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, and whether or not LGAB has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
14) HOLD HARMLESS –The Advertiser agrees to hold LGAB and/or its assigns harmless for content of its advertising. Advertiser further agrees to indemnify LGAB from any and all claims and/or damages arising from its Advertising.
15) DISCLAIMER — The LGAB and its assigns shall be held harmless for the unintentional and temporary interruption of an Advertisement due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond its scope of normal control.
16) ASSIGNMENT — Advertiser shall not assign this agreement to a third party without first obtaining the written consent of the LGAB. Any attempt to assign this agreement without such consent shall serve as an immediate termination of this agreement with any remaining dollar amount representing any unused Advertising being forfeited by the Advertiser.
17) GOVERNING LAW — This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
18) ENTIRE AGREEMENT –This Agreement and any and all exhibits and attachments are the complete and exclusive agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, superseding and replacing any and all prior agreements, communications, and understandings (both written and oral) regarding such subject matter, provided that all pricing will be governed by LGAB’s pricing information, whether printed on paper or electronically. This Agreement may only be modified, or any rights under it waived, by a written document executed by both parties.
19) ATTORNEY FEES — In the event of any dispute or default as to the terms of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recovery of reasonable attorney fees and costs in addition to any damages occasioned thereby